The Yards is partnering with Pacers to produce a cardio club for the brunching set. Treat yourself to bubbles and brunch with your walking/running crew on October 16, October 23, and …
Third Annual Due South Derby Day 2018
Due South brings Churchill Downs back to DC for its Third Annual Due South Derby Day. From 3pm-7pm on Saturday, May 5th, guests will enjoy Derby-themed food, drinks, contests and giveaways leading up to “The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports.” The event is free to attend, and Due South looks forward to bringing the Derby to The Yards neighborhood for the third year running.
Food and Drink Specials: Guests will enjoy an array of Derby-themed cocktails, including Bottomless Frozen Juleps. The first 100 guests to order Bottomless Frozen Juleps will receive an official 2018 Kentucky Derby julep glass. Due South is the only restaurant in the DC area to offer these keepsake glasses to its guests. Chef Rusty will prepare Derby Day dishes reminiscent of “My Old Kentucky Home,” such as Beer Cheese Crostini, Kentucky Hot Browns, Ham and Biscuits, and more Run for the Roses staples.
Hat Contest: Ladies and gents can don their favorite hats and fascinators to participate in the Derby Hat Contest. A panel of judges will vote on their favorite headwear, and the first place winner receives a $150 Due South gift card. The second place winner receives a $100 gift card, and the third place winner receives a $50 gift card.
Run for the Roses Raffle: The first 200 guests to attend will receive a free raffle ticket. That ticket will be numbered 1-20 (based on the numbers of the horses in the race). The ten people who have a raffle ticket with the number matching the number of the horse who wins the Run for the Roses wins one of ten door prizes, graciously donated by DC-area businesses and retailers. The Kentucky Derby post time is 6:46pmET, and prizes will be distributed to the winners who are present immediately following the race.
Due South Derby Day 2018 “Run for the Roses Raffle” Prizes Include:
- $50 Gift Certificate to The Bullpen, located steps from Nationals Park, courtesy of The Bullpen
- Free 2-night stay at the Courtyard Marriott Capitol Hill-Navy Yard (perfect for friends and family visiting DC)
- 1-hour Water Sport Rental for 4 People ($100 Value), courtesy of Capital SUP DC
- 1 pair of tickets to the Washington Nationals v. Baltimore Orioles game on Thursday, June 21st at 7:05pm
- Pack of 10 class sessions at OrangeTheory Fitness Navy Yard
- Smathers & Branson needlepoint hat, belt, and key fob from their Equestrian collection, courtesy of Smathers & Branson
- Mens’ Hat and T-Shirt from the Official Vineyard Vines Kentucky Derby Collection, courtesy of Vineyard Vines Georgetown
- Womens’ Hat and T-Shirt from the Official Vineyard Vines Kentucky Derby Collection, courtesy of Vineyard Vines Georgetown
- Private “Sip & Shop” party at Willow with $100 store credit and 15% off for all your friends, courtesy of Willow Stores
- Commemorative Bottle of Woodford Reserve 2018 Kentucky Derby Bourbon, courtesy of Woodford Reserve
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: For more information, visit the following sites:
- Due South Website: http://duesouthdc.com/
- Due South Derby Day Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/165029770880385/
- Follow Due South on Instagram: @duesouthdc
Our Halloween Pet Costume Instagram Contest is back for 2021. Follow us on Instagram @TheYardsDC and tag us on your pics of your pet dressed in their Halloween costume for …
Save the date: Friday, November 12 from 5:30 – 8:30 PM More details to come!